SHYFT is a firm built around WHY. Our unique purpose is to offer traditional services with a more integrated project delivery model in order to help clients achieve their WHY. We achieve this level of service together by building a creative culture to help each team member achieve their WHY. Our vision is to change the way we look at projects and improve upon how we identify the WHY behind WHAT we do.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts and projects managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective; that allows our team to create custom solutions for our clients. We love capital cities, as we have offices in Phoenix, Arizona; Columbus, Ohio; and Des Moines, Iowa.
Our creative environment and culture is built to influence design and project excellence; and to best reward individuals as part of a team through an unparalleled amount of transparency. If you’re looking for a firm where culture is paramount, you can be rewarded for your successful efforts, have real impact on your WHY while maintaining a healthy balance of work and play; we would be proud to meet and discuss that opportunity with you.
SHYFT Collective is searching for an architect/designer to assist clients, colleagues and consultants in our quest for design excellence as a Project Architect/Designer. The Project Architect/Designer will work with the Director of Design to ensure an appropriate technical solution and production strategy. In addition to traditional design experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence our services to best showcase our preferred project delivery method. These opportunities include working directly with the leadership team and firm members in all disciplines, supplemented by potential client and consultant interaction. She/He is responsible for carrying out complex design assignments requiring development of new or improved techniques of design. Work experience can be expected to include the following tasks:
- Provides professional design consultation in strategic planning, programming & all design phases
- Serves as the lead Project Architect/Designer on multiple projects as a liaison on the technical aspects
- Develops and performs internal controls for teams assigned to projects by monitoring and supervising less experienced projec designers in the construction document process
- Coordinates with colleagues, clients & sub-consultants for quality assurance and quality control checks
- May act in a team lead capacity in the absence of the Director of Design and Chief Creative Officer
- Applies diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices on a broad array of assignments
- Independently makes decisions on significant architectural design problems and methods
- Demonstrates a proactive focus on client interaction and service in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Communicates project decisions and documents correspondence
- Develops an understanding of and adherence to firm wide procedures, processes and culture
- Actively participates in business development, account management, and networking efforts - independently and with the team
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- An accredited undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 8-15 years of experience in architecture or interior design, with at least 4 years of experience in the Phoenix, AZ area.
- Licensed Architect (AIA or RA) or NCIDQ preferred but not required
- Ability to demonstrate successful account management experience, as a lead or team member with direct client interaction
- Demonstrates strong design abilities in drawing, rendering and technical documentation
- Project planning experience, along with the ability to understand and work within project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated network of contacts and ability to grow network
- Superior verbal & written communication skills with ability to prioritize responsibilities is imperative
- Computer abilities include use of: REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other 3D Visualization tools
We encourage qualified candidates to submit by email a resume, cover letter and work samples to: email@example.com
Applicants should submit work samples in advance of any potential interviews. Work samples should ideally be one PDF attachment and maximum 20 pages at 6 MB.