The Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Business Development Executive who is highly energetic, enthusiastic and motivated; strong team orientation and commitment to collaboration; ability to perform under deadlines and in high-stress situations; persuasive, tactful and customer focused; desire to make a difference, work hard and have fun along the way.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in direct sales activities.
· Assist in development of key messages and sales presentations.
· Support event activities that drive interest in Chamber membership.
· Develop referral sources and prospecting strategies.
· Perform customer service activities and support the success of all members.
· Carry out a strategic sales effort aimed at member recruitment and added-value opportunities.
· Recommend a total involvement strategy for key clients and prospects with the goal of maximizing financial commitments and involving key leaders/CEOs.
· Maintain knowledge of the business community and relative business trends.
· Generate and maintain viable prospect files and referral networks.
· Conduct all necessary research on key members and prospects.
· Maintain expert knowledge of Chamber products, programs and initiatives.
· Represent the Chamber at functions within the organization and the community.
· Make formal sales presentations to potential members.
· Develop events and other marketing concepts to complement personal sales efforts.
· Compile correspondence, membership sales kits and other sales support documents.
· Conduct all necessary follow-up.
· Complete contracts, collect payment and maintain required paperwork.
· Achieve personal sales goals set by Vice President Business Development; contribute to success of both the team and the organization through support, counsel and advice on successful sales strategies.
· Participate in all sales and staff meetings, scheduled floor days, Member Orientations, and other Chamber events / meetings as assigned.
· Participate in training activities as required.
· Encourage ongoing engagement of new members; to invite new members to participate in events, committees, and other Chamber-related programs.
· Advise Vice President on issues affecting membership and membership sales.
· Maintain current and complete information including all interaction with members in the Chamber Master (CRM) system.
· Proven expertise in sales
· Proven success in customer service and relationship building/maintenance
· Familiarity with database and relationship marketing
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and familiarity with database programs
· Ability to establish and maintain a high sales production
· Ability to speak before groups and interact with business people
· Strong team orientation and ability to work collaboratively with volunteers & staff
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
· Proven success in high production sales department of a sophisticated organization.
· Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or closely related experience is preferred.
· Experience in a non-profit organization or with fundraising is desirable.